Garden Clean Up Volunteers
Do you love to be outdoors? Do you enjoy harvesting produce? Be a part of the GardenWorks clean up crew this fall to help prepare our gardens for winter! There is a lot of work to be done! Support the local food system, help reduce food waste, and improve the sustainability of our region through local stewardship of our land and resources.
- Turn down home and community garden spaces to prepare soil and land for overwintering;
- Harvest produce (usually over 100 pounds of material) with a team of volunteers;
- Deliver harvested produce to local emergency food assistance agencies within western Chicagoland.
- Must like to get hands dirty;
- Must have knowledge in food growing and harvesting;
- Passion and commitment towards a more sustainable solution for our local food economy.
- Approximately 1 hour per event;
- Must have access to transportation.