Do you love to be outdoors? Do you enjoy harvesting produce? Become a GARDENWORKS GLEANER and visit local and regional community gardens and farms to glean and take excess harvest to local food assistance agencies within the region. Support the local food system, help reduce food waste, and improve the sustainability of our region through local stewardship of our land and resources.
- Participate in gleaning activities within the region;
- Harvest produce (usually over 100 pounds of material) with a team of volunteers;
- Deliver harvested produce to local emergency food assistance agencies within western Chicagoland.
- Must like to get hands dirty;
- Must have knowledge in food growing and harvesting;
- Passion and commitment towards helping local farms and farmers towards a more sustainable solution for our local food economy.
- Approximately 1 hour per event;
- Must have access to transportation.