Materials Distributors do the heavy lifting (literally) to make sure soil, compost, garden beds, and other garden build materials are at the right place, at the right time. This is a great activity for individuals or groups.
Access to a truck is required, as is a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering as a Materials Distributor. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Materials Distributors sign up to volunteer for specific builds and locations in March.
- Attend build scheduling meeting in March
- 1-2 days prior to builds:
- Pick up soil, compost, and garden beds for client at our Resource Center
- Deliver materials to build locations throughout DuPage County
- Access to pick-up truck, reimbursement available upon request
- Ability to safely lift 40 pound bags of soil and compost
- Ability to safely lift 4' and 8' lengths of raised bed frames
- Approximately 4-5 hours total at various times throughout the spring and summer (March and May predominantly)