2021 Garden Build Season is underway. Sign up today for updates on our garden build season, and hear about opportunities to help install gardens this spring, or participate periodically as a garden worker at our various community gardens within the region.
- Help install gardens within the western Chicagoland area with a small team of volunteers;
- Support community gardens within the region with ongoing workdays, harvest days, and ongoing maintenance.
No experience necessary - join in on the fun this year, and we hope to have a successful gardening year with your help!
Materials Distributors do the heavy lifting (literally) to make sure soil, compost, garden beds, and other garden build materials are at the right place, at the right time. This is a great activity for individuals or groups.
Access to a truck is required, as is a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering as a Materials Distributor. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Materials Distributors sign up to volunteer for specific builds and locations in March.
- Attend build scheduling meeting in March
- 1-2 days prior to builds:
- Pick up soil, compost, and garden beds for client at our Resource Center
- Deliver materials to build locations throughout DuPage County
- Access to pick-up truck, reimbursement available upon request
- Ability to safely lift 40 pound bags of soil and compost
- Ability to safely lift 4' and 8' lengths of raised bed frames
- Approximately 4-5 hours total at various times throughout the spring and summer (March and May predominantly)