- May, June, August (3 hrs shifts)
- DuPage County
Materials Distributors do the heavy lifting (literally) to make sure soil, compost, garden beds, and other garden build materials are at the right place, at the right time. This is a great activity for individuals or groups.
Access to a truck is required, as is a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering as a Materials Distributor. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Materials Distributors sign up to volunteer for specific builds and locations in March.
- Attend build scheduling meeting in March
- 1-2 days prior to builds:
- Pick up soil, compost, and garden beds for client at our Resource Center
- Deliver materials to build locations throughout DuPage County
- Access to pick-up truck, reimbursement available upon request
- Ability to safely lift 40 pound bags of soil and compost
- Ability to safely lift 4' and 8' lengths of raised bed frames
- Approximately 4-5 hours total at various times throughout the spring and summer (March and May predominantly)