If you’re a gardener, you can relate to the feeling of the season dwindling down. There’s grief at the end of a season all around us, as we put away our tools, and watch our plants return to the ground.
In yoga, it’s savasana, the death to the practice.
And yet, there’s hope in what’s to come.
Hope comes with the newness and renewal of spring. In light of all that has happened this year, with COVID-19, the divisions within our country, and the system injustices brought to light, there’s grief everywhere. But it’s important to continue looking forward, and I’m grateful that my job allows me to always hope for a new season.
In light of all that has happened this year, I am excited to announce the launch of our end of year campaign, Keep it Growing, which kicks off on Giving Tuesday and goes through the end of the year.
Founded in 2012, Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that encourages people to give back to their community after some of the biggest shopping days of the year: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday.
This year, Giving Tuesday falls on December 1, 2020.
Our Keep It Growing campaign celebrates local food and business partners that share our values while also raising awareness of our work, which continues even when the official growing season is over.
Just as the food grower plans for the upcoming year over winter, GardenWorks does, too.
In the cold, winter months, GardenWorks staff revisits the previous season and plans for the next. We continue to meet with partners, run events and actively engage with our community and potential participants.
Help us keep our mission and vision growing with new ideas and insights about our community. We will not stop until everyone within the area is food secure.
- Download our #KeepItGrowing template, take a selfie, and share it on social on Dec. 1.
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser to raise $250 for the GardenWorks Project - the cost of 1 raised bed garden, including seedlings, compost and tools.
- Join the Food Growers Network. For $25/year, you have access to seeds, workshops and special promotions from partners. You also get a discount during our Spring and Fall Seedling Sales!
- Become a monthly donor. Monthly gifts are a consistent source of funding that give small organizations like GardenWorks flexibility and stability to continue our work, especially in our planning months.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter. By signing up, you’ll get first looks, behind-the-scenes info, program updates and volunteer opportunities before they are published on our website or social media.
- Keep checking our blog for gift guides, favorite local spots and partner spotlights.
We want to hear from you. Your support of the GardenWorks Project’s mission--especially during 2020--is meaningful. We are grateful that you have entrusted your resources to our mission to grow more good within the region. So be sure to follow us on social media, engage with us, and share with your network why you #KeepItGrowing for a more just food system for all.