Harvest Against Hunger: Nourishing Our Community is a campaign to raise awareness of hunger in Chicagoland, to promote local food and farms, and to enjoy seasonal food together--even if on a screen.
COVID-19 has revealed how fragile the U.S. food system is. But it’s also shown us how locally grown food plays a critical role in nourishing our communities, from improving access to fresh produce for families who have lost income to a greater understanding of seasonal eating and, most important of all, keeping us fed.
We'll be publishing a video series throughout September that will take you behind the scenes of three local farms (Mighty Greens Farm, Nichols Farm and Orchard, and Stojans Vegetables), learning their histories, products and what community means to them.
Like what you see from the videos and want to support a great cause? Join us on Oct. 4, 2020, at 4 p.m., for a private live Q&A session with our three farms.
Tickets for live event cost $50 per household and include:
- Exclusive access to our three partner farms to ask them any questions
- A locally-sourced, seasonal CSA box for pick-up on Oct. 3
- Exclusive video recipes from College of DuPage chefs tailored to the CSA box
- Recipe cards in the CSA box
- Automatic consideration for one of two raffle prizes
Add a second farm share box (after your $50 purchase) for just $25.
West Chicago, IL
Google map and directions