Every year, The GardenWorks Project holds its signature fall fundraiser, Harvest against Hunger. For the past two years, we have held the event virtually, and still had great success, selling out of tickets both years. We are delighted to celebrate this year with an in-person event at the College of DuPage!
Tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harvest-against-hunger-2022-tickets-387507865457
This year’s Harvest against Hunger will highlight the great work and innovation of our local food system and our diverse community of clients. Attendees will enjoy locally sourced food and drinks, garden tours, live music, and a farm share box as a parting gift. The theme and programming are consistent with our mission to promote organic suburban agriculture, and our desire to engage with the greater community to build support and awareness.
Event highlights will include:
- A three-hour, interactive event at Waterleaf Restaurant with food, tours, live music, and approximately 150 guests and participants
- A creatively curated small plate meal featuring local farm produce, prepared by the COD Culinary and Hospitality team and inspired by favorite recipes of GardenWorks clients
- Local brews and mead from Two Hound Red (Glen Ellyn) and Standard Meadery (Villa Park)
- Live mocktail/cocktail and cooking demonstrations of GardenWorks inspired recipes in the incredible COD Culinary kitchens
- A celebration of the GardenWorks Project’s spring and summer season through impact stories, videos, presentations, and the treasured recipes that inspired the small plate meal
- A parting gift of locally sourced farm product samples
We rely on this fundraiser to support our spring 2023 programs and participants. Together we can improve the health and wellness of our residents and our environment.
Our network of 250+ volunteers and our 2,000+ follower base will be invited to attend this special annual event. We hope you will join us in the fight against food insecurity, and celebrate the hard work of our food growers as well as those working to improve the local food economy within our region. We hope to see you there, and to purchase tickets, please visit our Eventbrite page.