- It's Flexible! (~2 hrs monthly)
- Gardens throughout Western Chicagoland (various)
The Community Garden Support Team checks in periodically with various community gardens within the region to maintain garden duties, offer advice, and answer questions. Support Team members will work closely with the Programs Manager to assist gardens in need of support throughout the season, and find ways to energize community groups that need additional resources to thrive through harvest season.
- Help maintain gardens within the western Chicagoland area in need of support and/or technical assistance;
- Meet with community gardeners to assist with technical challenges, resource needs, and volunteer recruitment
- Strong communication and email skills;
- Passion for the outdoors as well as supporting community efforts;
- Some level of gardening experience.
- Approximately 1-2 hours per week during the growing season