A message from Robin Augustine, Programs and Operations Manager - "Thank you to GardenWorks for the opportunity to assist in providing home gardens the last few years. As the seasons change, so does life and I am no longer able to fulfill the duties required of the position. I am confident that they will continue to do great things in the community and I look forward to seeing them continue to move forward."
While we are sad to see Robin go, we are excited to see the ways she will be impacting the community with her community garden in Lombard as well as ways she continues to support GardenWorks with her expertise and knowledge as a volunteer. We are currently hiring for her position at 10 hours/week (description listed below). If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Programs and Operations Manager Job Description
Position Title: Programs and Operations Manager
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Part-time, 10 hours per week
Start Date: July 1, 2019
Summary of Position:
The Programs and Operations Manager supports the office and staff at The GardenWorks Project. The focus is on carrying out day-to-day operations and a variety of administrative tasks to ensure that the organization functions in an efficient manner. This position also assists in coordinating our Home Gardening Program, communications tasks and supports the organization’s development efforts.
- Oversee Home Gardening Program and serve as manager and point of contact for volunteers, coaches, and staff/interns.
- Develop and monitor garden build timeline of events.
- Manage caseload of clients receiving services, and coordinate services between volunteers and clients as well as program evaluations related to clients.
- Assist in the coordination of delivery of material and donations.
- Actively recruit volunteers for annual garden build season.
- Assist in coordinating educational events that support programs.
- Respond to emails and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Data entry and experience in GoogleDrive and/or Nation Builder.
- Prepare mailings and invitations as well as donor communications.
- Assist Executive Director with operations-based needs as they arise.
- Manage social media posts and groups, and create and monitor content.
- Make timely and relevant updates to website.
- Attend outreach and special events as needed.
- Assist in prep and planning of special events, and possibly manage committees/taskforces related to events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Operations, Administration, or Communications/Marketing and/or equivalent degree
- Strong organizational and time-management skills for prioritizing a wide range of activities that include day-to-day as well as long-term projects
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
- High level of competency with MS Office products (Excel & Word) and Google Apps
- Experience using CRM systems preferred
- Must be flexible in regard to work hours. Some evening and weekend work required.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Physical needs of the job: sitting, standing and lifting, as well as ability to work outdoors in all weather (heat, humidity, rain and cold) and do gardening labor
- Willingness to work independently and also cooperate as part of a team.
- Positive attitude; engaging personality.
- A commitment to food justice and The GardenWorks Project’s mission.
$18.50 per hour/10 hours per week. The position does not come with benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The GardenWorks Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. The GardenWorks Project has a zero tolerance policy for sexism, racism, and xenophobia. We believe there is a place in the garden for all. We will offer resources and support to gardeners to create the world we want to see - well-nourished and free from hate, discrimination, and harassment.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter electronically to Jeannie Iseman at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note position title in your subject line) or by mail to GardenWorks Project, PO Box 615 West Chicago, IL 60186.