- Meets Regularly (~4 hrs+ monthly)
- DuPage County
- 2 people are helping
Join our Board as Treasurer and help lead us in a variety of financial and reporting activities.
- Attend all board meetings (monthly), lead monthly finance committee meetings with the ED, and attend additional board meetings in preparation for spring builds.
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives, which include participating in annual spring builds.
- Report to Board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health.
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Serve as the chair of the finance committee.
- Provide recommendations to the board regarding current financial standing of the organization, and help manage financial policies set by finance committee.
- Report financial standing of the current year's budget and financial position to the board on an quarterly basis.
- Manage, with the finance committee, the board’s review of and action related to the board’s financial responsibilities.
- Work with the executive director and staff accountant to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis.
- Present the annual budget to the board for approval.
- Support the organization at various events throughout the year.
- Accounting experience, ideally with a non-profit or small business
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Monthly board meetings (second Tuesday of each month)
- Additional time of approximately 4-8 hours per month