START YOUR TOMATOES INDOORS!
SEED STARTING WORKSHOP
Wednesday, February 26, 7 pm
Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle Street, Naperville, IL 60540
You can't grow your tomatoes or peppers from seed unless you start them indoors. Growing your veggies from seeds is a fun, economical way to start your home vegetable garden. At these events, you'll learn:
- Benefits of growing vegetable plants from seeds
- Equipment needed
- What types of vegetables need to be started indoors
- Light requirements
- Timing for seed starting
- Transplanting tips
SPRING VOLUNTEER KICKOFF MEETING
Wednesday, March 19, 7 pm
Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane St., Glen Ellyn, IL
Join us at our Spring Volunteer Kickoff Meeting, you can learn about The GardenWorks Project background and goals, and sign up for garden builds and garden coaching. We also have a fantastic line-up of speakers that will motivate you to make the best of your garden this year. Speakers include:
- Home-Grown Organic Veggies - Kim Marsin, owner of Sweet Home Organics
- Composting to Increase Garden Yields - Kay McKeen, Founder and Executive Director of SCARCE
- Preparing and Preserving Homegrown Vegetables - Heather DeGeorge, Health and Wellness Educator
- Representatives from the Glen Ellyn Park District will also be on hand with information about their community garden.
COMMUNITY GARDEN DESIGN CONTEST
Do you enjoy designing gardens? Help us come up with a design for our 30'x30' space that will maximize produce yields, and you could win a GardenWorks logo pack! Learn more...
ORGANIC SEEDLING ORDERS
Skip the big box stores and choose a local, organic grower for your veggie seedlings this year. Place your order, and you'll also help us raise funds to provide more gardens to families in need. Find out how...