The Operations and Marketing Manager supports the office and staff at The GardenWorks Project. The focus is to assist with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks, as well as take a primary role in managing marketing and communications tasks.
Position Title: Marketing and Operations Associate
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Part-time, 5 hours per week
Location: Remote, as well as Resource Center, West Chicago
Start Date: March 15, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Operations and Marketing Manager supports the office and staff at The GardenWorks Project. The focus is to assist with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks, as well as take a primary role in managing marketing and communications tasks. The position also supports the organization’s development efforts.
- Assist Executive Director with data entry through the organization’s donor management system, as well as financial management system.
- Assist staff with general bookkeeping tasks, as well as delegate tasks to accountant.
- Manage social media presence and manage committee members, volunteers, and staff to create and delegate posts, content changes, and making timely and relevant updates to website.
- Assist Executive Director and Development Committee to determine new funding streams that would offer additional revenue to support program expansion.
- Write grants for foundation support, ensure organization is executing activities outlined in grant requests, and assist with follow-up reports.
- Work with staff and committee members to execute communications plan, and directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect The GardenWorks Project’s reputation, broaden programmatic reach, and deepen impact.
$17.50 per hour/5 hours per week. The position does not come with benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The GardenWorks Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. The GardenWorks Project has a zero tolerance policy for sexism, racism, and xenophobia. We believe there is a place in the garden for all. We will offer resources and support to gardeners to create the world we want to see - well-nourished and free from hate, discrimination, and harassment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to The GardenWorks Project, PO 615 West Chicago, IL 60186, or email to email@example.com. Questions? Email Jeannie Iseman, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.