- May, June, August (3 hrs shifts)
- West Chicago
All materials are centrally delivered to the GardenWorks Project at a facility in West Chicago. Materials Loaders do the heavy lifting (literally) to make sure soil, compost, and raised bed wooden frames get loaded into the trucks for Materials Distributors. We need volunteers to work Friday and Saturday shifts (approximately 3 hours) at this location. This is a great activity for groups.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering as a Materials Loader. You will be included on all future notices about our builds.
- Attend the Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting
- On Friday or Saturday afternoon at a West Chicago location, load up soil, compost, and garden beds into trucks
- Ability to safely lift 40 pound bags of soil and compost
- Ability to safely lift 4' and 8' lengths of raised bed frames
- Grab a buddy or one (or three) will be provided to help
- Access to our Volunteer Coordinator, as needed
- Approximately 7 hours total
- Meetings for approximately 2 hours in March, 2 hours in May
- 3 hours shifts on Friday and/or Saturday afternoons on May weekends