- It's Flexible! (~2 hrs monthly)
- DuPage County
- 6 people are helping
Each garden recipient is paired with a garden coach to help ensure their success as a new gardener. The coach checks in periodically with the recipient to see how their garden is doing, offer advice, and answer questions. The coach mentors them through the first season of organic gardening.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering as a Garden Coach. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Garden coaches sign up to volunteer for specific builds and locations at our Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting. If any volunteer spots remain after the meeting, we will open an online sign-up page.
- Attend training sessions, held after the Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting
- Attend builds of your clients
- Share contact your information with the client so they may reach you
- Email, call, or visit client 2 weeks after build & then monthly
- Be part of our Garden Coach email support group, ask & answer as needed
- Some gardening experience, but by no means master gardening
- Flexibility in accommodating client preferences
- Training at our Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting
- Monthly emails from Garden Coach Coordinator
- Access to all coaches and their knowledge via email
- Approximately 1-2 hours per month during the growing season