- May, June, August (1 hr shifts)
- DuPage County
- 125 people are helping
Alongside our clients, we assemble 4x8' raised bed gardens, fill them with soil and compost, and plant seedlings and seeds.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering for a garden build. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Garden builders sign up to volunteer for specific times and locations at our Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting. If any volunteer spots remain after the meeting, we will open an online sign-up page.
- Attend Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting
- Just prior to build, check your email for updates, for possible rescheduling
- Arrive at build 5 minutes prior to build time
- Bring sun protection, appropriate shoes, and gardening gloves
- Help move soil & plants to frame
- Prepare soil for planting
- Help plant seeds/seedlings
- Water new plants/seeds
- Build should be completed in an hour or less
- No gardening experience necessary!
- Flexibility in accommodating client preferences during the build.
- Approximately 1 hour per build (or less)