Are you interested in learning more about The GardenWorks Project? Do you have a background in non-profit management, marketing, operations management, and/or community development/engagement? The GardenWorks Project is pleased to offer a part-time academic year internship for the fall 2019 through spring 2020.
Position Title: 2019-2020 Academic Year Internship
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Temporary, unpaid
Start Date: September 1, 2019 - June 15, 2020
Positions available: 1
About The GardenWorks Project:
The GardenWorks Project is a local non-profit serving the western Chicagoland region. Our mission is to empower, educate, and promote organic suburban agriculture to improve the wellbeing of our community, the environment, and families facing food insecurity. We support all gardeners in their efforts to grow and prepare food for themselves and their neighbors in need.
Summary of Position:
The Internship is an academic-year based position. The position will assist staff with operations and programs management, various marketing projects, as well as database management. In addition, the internship will also collaborate with various nonprofit partners within the region. The expected hours will vary from week to week, however should equal to an average of 10 hours a week.
- Develop a more concise and efficient data management system for staff and volunteers.
- Assist Programs and Operations Manager with ongoing client management, research and analysis of current trends within the industry, as well as build in best-practice models for growing non-profit organizations. Research best-practices with other programs like ours on a national scale, and provide Executive Director recommendations on program and operational improvements.
- Assist with various marketing and social media projects as well as coordinate and execute electronic communications on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with additional office-related tasks, such as mass mailings, seed sorting, and distributing flyers and marketing materials.
- Assist Executive Director and Development Committee with ongoing grant applications and reporting requirements.
The GardenWorks Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to Jeannie Iseman at email@example.com, or by mail to GardenWorks Project, PO Box 615, West Chicago, IL 60186.