Supporting Local Community Gardens
everyone deserves fresh produce
The GardenWorks Project defines a community garden as any place where people garden in a group setting - schools, neighborhoods, businesses. We wish to provide community gardeners with inspiration, education, and support so that you can start your gardens and maximize your harvests.
Starting 2017, The GardenWorks Project began supporting community gardeners with their local projects, offering resources and materials to support their vision. Since 2017, The GardenWorks Project has supported the following organizations:
- College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn)
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity (Hanover Park)
- Elmhurst College (Elmhurst)
- Lisle Township Food Pantry (Lisle)
- Madison Elementary School, District 89 (Lombard)
- Mercy Housing Apartments (Wheaton)
- Parkview Elementary School, District 44 (Lombard)
- Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (Carol Stream)
- Winfield/Garden United Methodist Church (Winfield)
Are you a community gardener? Want to learn more?
Applications for 2019 coming soon. Check out our Community Gardening Support Program, and if you are already a gardener and want to get more engaged in the community, join the Food Growers Network today!