- Meets Regularly (~15 hrs+ monthly)
103 W Washington St
West Chicago, IL 60185
Google map and directions
The position will help establish and maintain a community garden in DuPage County to promote civic
engagement health and wellness within the community. The intern will be responsible for the following:
1) Manage the season’s garden, which includes volunteer recruitment, partnership building, and
ongoing garden maintenance throughout the growing season.
2) Determine a course of action for the proceeds of the harvest to promote nutrition and better
health for the greater community.
3) Visit three area community gardens in the region, and provide reports on successes and
challenges, best-practices, and qualitative impact on the community.
4) Donate harvests to community partners agencies receiving food for food insecure clients.
5) Meet with partners, local growers/farmers and public health officials to develop best-practices
and complete final report of recommendations on the community gardening movement within
the local food system.
6) All other additional duties as assigned.