Susan Bingham wants to volunteer 2018-04-21 07:59:41 -0500
All volunteers must complete this Volunteer Information Form prior to volunteering.Become a volunteer
Thanks in advance for providing us with your most up-to-date information.
Alongside our clients, we assemble 4x8' raised bed gardens, fill them with soil and compost, and plant seedlings and seeds.
Sign up here now to indicate your interest in volunteering for a garden build. You will be included on all future notices about our builds. Garden builders sign up to volunteer for specific times and locations at our Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting. If any volunteer spots remain after the meeting, we will open an online sign-up page.
- Attend Spring Kickoff Volunteer Meeting
- Just prior to build, check your email for updates, for possible rescheduling
- Arrive at build 5 minutes prior to build time
- Bring sun protection, appropriate shoes, and gardening gloves
- Help move soil & plants to frame
- Prepare soil for planting
- Help plant seeds/seedlings
- Water new plants/seeds
- Build should be completed in an hour or less
- No gardening experience necessary!
- Flexibility in accommodating client preferences during the build.
WHENDecember 31, 2100 at 12amWHEREDuPage County
- Approximately 1 hour per build (or less)
Susan Bingham donated 2018-04-21 07:54:35 -0500
This membership-based network aims to build community within the food-growing community, offer learning opportunities to improve your annual harvest, and provide insight and expertise from partners and master gardeners. For $20 a year, your fee will provide you with many benefits listed below, but will also help support GardenWorks programs that support healthy eating, and improve food security for our neighbors in need.
HOME GARDENERS GIVE $20/YEAR AND RECEIVE:
Each membership is entitled to receive:
20 vegetable seed packets
Reusable GardenWorks canvas tote bag
Access to our FGN Facebook page, linking you to a community of other gardeners
Exclusive access to the August Garden Tour event
Free attendance to all GardenWorks Project educational offerings ($5/class value)
50% off seedlings at our spring seedling sale
50% of seedlings at our fall refresh seedling sale
20% off 4’x8’ cedar raised bed gardens ($80 after discount)